Thursday, November 8, 2012

My New Company Logo

It is not easy coming up with a name for a company and then trying to create a logo.

One way is to write down all your favourite activities.  Mine were:

Music
Reading
Gaming
Teddy Bears
Travelling

I took the word travel and then used an online thesaurus to see what other words I could get out of it.  The final name came from:

  • travel
  • exploration
  • pioneer
  • frontiersman
  • frontier
The second part of the name just fell into place with the word "creations".

I then had to research different types of logos and print out the ones that I liked.  From these I could look at how the designed the word Frontier.  Look at Fonts, colour, space, texture, size, value and shape.  All the elements of design.

Once I had chosen the best pencil sketch of the design, I also shared it with my class mates, it was then down to creating the logo in Illustrator.  Many people hate Illustrator and would sooner use Photoshop, but Illustrator is the best manipulator for creating the best logo.  Photoshop lacks a lot of manipulation.

I then printed the final black n white version of the logo and then set out to colourise my logo.  After trial and error here is the final outcome of the logo along with the original black n white version.





No comments:

Post a Comment