Saturday, June 2, 2012

Other Photographers Cemetery Documentaries

Not easy trying to find other photographers who have documented cemeteries.  Most people regard it as a morbid thing to do, however I feel its fascinating to look back and see who walked on this earth before me.  I look with sadness at the tiny babies who never knew life. The children who were only with us for a short time, who lived a "Peter Pan" life never to grow up.  Then there are those who lived up to the grand old age of a 100 years and I wonder who were these people, what was their story.

One thing I have found fascinating is all the plastic flowers and toys laid on the grave and mostly untouched by others.  I have taken lots of photos of these as well as I feel they are an important part of the documentary, even dead flowers which can show the starkness of death.

Below are some photos and links to the blogs of photographers who documented cemeteries.


Several photographers contribute to this blog, actually took these particular images.


Her photos were taken in a cemetery in the Ukraine

 





 


These photos were taken in cemeteries in South Africa




No comments:

Post a Comment