Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Another theme idea

As I am stumped on how to make Begonia House popular with the 18 - 24 year old demographic.  I came up with another idea today.  The suggestion was to take photos of Keppel Street in Bathurst NSW.  So I headed out late afternoon and started to take shots of Keppel Street.


I had taken a photo of the Ben Chifley steam train and a few of Bathurst rail station, when I thought I should take a picture of the sign, in front of the train detailing information about Ben Chifley.  As I looked through the view finder I realised it was reflecting the station and then the idea occurred to me, why not do the whole street in reflection for the postcard series for my university assignment.  I had done some reflection shots recently for an ABC Open workshop, except they were a tad blue due to the white balance on my camera being flourescent rather than full sun.  So came up with the idea of calling them 'Keppel Street in Reflection'.  Below are a few shots I took.







I love the old Masonic Hall which is now a restaurant.  I was taking the reflection from an office building just down the road when this guy came out and asked what I was doing.  I explained I was doing an assessment for University and also for the ABC Open 'Reflections" theme and showed him the photos.  Most embarrassing but worth the shot!


No comments:

Post a Comment