Saturday, March 2, 2013

Final Submissions

These are my final submissions for the subject, 'Experiment with techniques to enhance digital images CUVDIG401A'.

To create the flyer I did the following:
  • Created two layers first was white then made a second layer and shrank it to make a frame
  • Used a soft brush to paint around the frame
  • Used imported brushes for the bric-a-brac images
  • Used a square charcoal brush with an opacity of 15% on the black background to make it look more like a used school board and remove the starkness of the background
  • Fonts used DK Crayon Crumble and Happy Monkey for the school details
  • Used a gradient overlay for a bit of colour
  • Blending mode for layer is multiply
  • Used Free Transform to manipulate the font and images

To create the quotation I did the following:
  • I shrank the original image down to create the frame
  • Added an outer glow which gave me a second frame with rounded corners
  • Used Kaushan Script font
  • Then I added a drop shadow
On the image itself I did the following:
  • Lens correction as the original photo was dark
  • Then did oil painting and adjusted the options to my liking
  • Added a soft Gaussian blur
  • Changed opacity on the layer so the image didn't dominate
 

The original image was a photo I took in Begonia House, located in Machattie Park, Bathurst, NSW.  I used a Nikon D5100 and my photo was dark as I still hadn't really grasped the concept of ISO settings.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment